Hello! I’m an ambitious marketing executive and award-winning editor. I help brands amp up marketing, content, and analytics to grow and engage the right audiences. Working mostly in the technology and outdoor markets over the past 15 years, I’ve collaborated with teams across the globe. Here's a resume view of my experience:
International Marketing Director @ ViewRanger
2016 - Present
ViewRanger is a pioneer in mobile GPS tech and augmented reality. In May 2016, I joined to boost market share in the USA. Three months later, I was promoted to direct global marketing.
- Adding 2+ million registered app users. Biggest growth in UK, France, and USA.
- Directing staffers and freelancers in UK, Italy, Spain, and Ukraine.
- Managing global marketing and content calendars.
- Growing in-app store revenue and subscriptions.
- Introducing more analytics to garner actionable insights.
- Adding automated journeys to engage active users, reduce churn, and increase lifetime value.
- Working with strategic partners, including Apple, Google, Casio, and Land Rover.
RECENT AWARDS & HIGHLIGHTS:
• ViewRanger presents at Casio App Partnership Conference in Tokyo
• Bullitt Group picks ViewRanger as app and map partner for Land Rover Explore
• ViewRanger wins Android Excellence Award (Jan. 2018)
• Apple calls ViewRanger Skyline was “one of coolest uses of AR we’ve seen.”
• Apple stores across the globe promote ViewRanger for Apple Watch.
• Google Play Store honors ViewRanger with Editors' Choice Award.
• ViewRanger launches Skyline, augmented reality technology for the outdoors.
• ViewRanger announces first GPS hiking app on Apple Watch on stage at the live Apple Keynote.
Marketing Director @ Trimble
2010 - 2016
Led marketing for Trimble Outdoors, a hub within Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB). In just a few years, our business unit released 24 mobile apps, prototyped three retail products, and acquired two companies. In 2016, Trimble shifted this technology to its professional markets.
- Directed all-things marketing, from strategy to research and product requirements.
- Launched e-commerce and app store channels.
- Tracked KPIs like cost per lead, cost per acquisition, conversions, and active users.
- Launched digital marketing strategies: content marketing, email, and SEO/SEM.
- Outlined goals and deliverables with third-party PR, ad, and creative agencies.
- Worked with key partners on co-marketing programs and product launches.
- Built an independent sales team and distribution channels for retail products.
Map Editor / Project Manager @ Active Interest Media
2007 - 2010
Active Interest Media is a leading enthusiast media company where I managed an award-winning staff of multi-media editors and 200 regional contributors in the U.S.
- Managed weekly deliverables to internal teams and partners.
- Oversaw department budget and produced quarterly reports.
- Collaborated with technical team on content and product requirements.
- Developed strategic plans and tactics with executives and key partners.
- Analyzed customer trends, traffic, and competitors. Then blueprinted new processes.
Founder @ Adventure Anywhere
Launched and directed a profitable tech and content business. Aqu-hired into Active Interest Media in 2007.
- Launched profitable tech business to collect user-generated GPS trail data and field notes for hiking and cycling routes. The info was formatted for print, websites, and mobile devices.
- Built an in-house team and freelance contributor network across the U.S.
- Managed partnership contracts, monthly budgets, and ongoing deadlines.
- Surpassed revenue goals by 125% in first five months.
- Worked with public land managers, non-profit groups and volunteers to map the CDT, a 2,000-mile trail from Mexico to Canada.
Freelance Project Manager / Editor
- Contracted with publishing companies to develop and manage web and magazine
- Researched, tested, and developed a groundbreaking project for reader-generated content.
- Helped cultivate a partnership between publishers and tech leaders to create
content for phones.
- Wrote training guides for 100 new correspondents and citizen journalists
- Top-edited and supervised six regional sections in each monthly issue of
- Tested outdoor gear, wrote field-test reviews for gear guides, and collaborated with editors on annual Editors’ Choice Awards.
- Directed Tour de France microsite for Bicycling.com with on-the-ground live reporting, athlete interviews, and daily newsletters (15 mil. pageviews in a month).
Online Managing Editor @ Rodale
- Managed daily projects for outdoor and fitness websites (Backpacker, Bicycling,
- Oversaw team, including producers, editors, and assistants.
- Created custom content co-branded microsites for Ford, Honda, Marmot, Montrail, and Nature Valley.
- Blueprinted website redesigns and content migration into CMS databases.
- Helped reorganize and transition staff into a centralized online department.
- Wrote destination stories, gear reviews, and skill articles.
BA in Communications; Minors: Writing and Biology | University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
* Handpicked for the Chancellor's Leadership Award for contributing significant leadership, community service, and a commitment to personal growth.
International Studies in Communications and Biology | Macquarie University
International studies program in North Ryde, Australia.